Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

When colors don't live up to expectations

Don’t you love it when everything is coming together just as you imagined?  I know I do.  Until yesterday.  

I was so excited when I came home from work and smelled the most wonderful smell….paint.  Paint means it’s almost over!  I walked into the bedroom and the paint color I picked out looks AWESOME!  Just the perfect touch for our bedroom retreat.  Then dreadfulness and total despair arose as I entered the bathroom.  The color I chose was Gentle Rain and it was supposed to be this nice light cool shade of grey. Once on the walls……no Gentle Rain to be seen.  Nope.  Once this color was applied, a lavender field popped up and totally ruined the effect we were going for.  Needless to say, I am having the guys repaint it.  Choosing another color proved quite the challenge last night as all the grey samples appeared purple next to the tile.  If you haven’t guessed…..I DO NOT want purple in my bathroom.  Not that I have anything against purple, I just don’t want it in my house.  Anyway, after hours and hours of holding up paint samples (yes, I am exaggerating just a bit), we chose a color called Steam White.  Hopefully, this will be THE ONE.  I left the contractor a love note this morning with the new color choice, so hopefully he can hop right on it and cover the hideousness.



Anyway, besides this little snafu, the cabinet should be installed today and the counter top installed tomorrow.  THE END IS NEAR!!


Here are pictures of the tile and the gosh awful paint.  Of course the pictures don't show the true color, but in person....YUK.


 


Here is the picture of the bedroom walls with the paint that turned out just as I expected.


On another note, my husband was working on the ceiling fan and needed some gloves.  The only ones that were handy were mine.

I love a man who can work the pink gloves!


No comments:

Post a Comment