Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

I feel the Earth move under my feet

I feel the Earth move under my feet,
I feel the walls tumbling down, tumbling down.
I feel my head start to split down the middle
Whenever the jackhammer is around.
(my little poem based on “I Feel the Earth Move” by Carole King)

Why, hello there!  Welcome back!

Day two of our remodel went splendidly well.  Of course I’m just observing and not actually doing, but from my vantage point it was a good day.

The cast iron tub was taken out and apparently it’s really, really heavy, but the guys made it look super easy as they wheeled it out.  I’m kind of sorry to see it go….kind of….well, not really.

The scary, silent things in the form of termites had already been evicted several years ago, but while they co-existed with us, they really trashed their living quarters under the tub.  They really love concrete and gobbled that shit stuff up like it was chocolate or something.

The mound of dirt is from the termites.

Anyway, with the tub out of the way, the jackhammer came out in order to prep the area for the new shower pan and to move the drain.  Good Lord Almighty, it was LOUD in here this morning.  I swear the floors in the whole house were vibrating under my feet and the walls shaking as the utter destruction was taking place.  Along with all that noise, began the chorus of sheetrock being removed from the wall.  

Jackhammers, saws and hammers make for a lovely melody. 

Area that was jackhammered

Area that was jackhammered

North wall of bedroom

Along with scraping popcorn off the ceiling, this was a very loud and very messy day.

Sadly, I have to go back to work tomorrow in order to help pay for this project and I won’t be able to watch the transformation up close and personal, but I suppose that will make coming home to see what’s new that more exciting.

That’s all for today.  Thanks for stopping by and check back soon for more updates!





No comments:

Post a Comment